About visiting Heerenveen

> as Frisian isn't a global language yet

Moderators: Beheerders, Fanmasters

Re: About visiting Heerenveen

Berichtdoor Otsje P » 27-09-2013 09:22

thecottager schreef:I've noticed that Sunday's game is completely sold out!
How are you guys dealing with pre-match nerves?? :wink:

Yesterday's game against Twente gave our confidence a boost. For me there will be more pre-match frustrations than pre-match nerves, because i won't be able to attend the game. :(
Otsje P
Superster

Berichtdoor Mackan68 » 27-09-2013 18:27

Normally the 'what you call nerves' would already been there for weeks. But now there was a tough cupmatch against FcTwente just 2 days for the match of the decade. That match took away certain kind of tentions. But now it's going on. A good game and victory against the Tukkers must give players as well as supporters conviction for winning the real derby of the Norht. I don't know if you got to watch the youtubeclip to discribe what this game means for every diehard fan of both clubs. You can watch it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-DNNPGxETk It's in English so it couldn't have been made better for you. :D
Café De Skoffel is open for diehard fans at 9 AM sundaymorning. Be in time and have a wonderful day with the best fans you can wish for.
Voetbal, een spel van dood, gladiolen en grijze muizen
Mackan68
Superster

Berichtdoor thecottager » 28-09-2013 17:13

Already on my way from Craven Cottage to Heathrow Airport, which will be the first step towards the big game in Heerenveen! :wink:
Unfortunately 'my' Fulham lost 1-2 against Cardiff City, so I hope Heerenveen can overwrite our memories by showing us a spectacular game!
See ya then!

My predictions for tomorrow's clash: Heerenveen 3 Cambuur 0. :wink:
thecottager
Bankzitter

Berichtdoor Appie_M » 28-09-2013 17:38

thecottager schreef:Already on my way from Craven Cottage to Heathrow Airport, which will be the first step towards the big game in Heerenveen! :wink:
Unfortunately 'my' Fulham lost 1-2 against Cardiff City, so I hope Heerenveen can overwrite our memories by showing us a spectacular game!
See ya then!

My predictions for tomorrow's clash: Heerenveen 3 Goutum-noord 0. :wink:

I certainly hope Heerenveen can beat those losers. We have the better team, so usually we should win this match, but let's not underestimate the opposition, they can certainly surprise us if we aren't focussed.

Let us know when and where you arrive. We can drink a pint before the match if you'd like.
Wij zijn Fries, wij zijn één, wij zijn sc Heerenveen!
Appie_M
Superster

Berichtdoor thecottager » 28-09-2013 18:05

I'm waiting for my flight to depart (KLM 1028) to Amsterdam. As it stands, we'll arrive at Schiphol at 10.35pm. After our arrival, we'll try to make it to the 11.30pm train to Heerenveen, so we don't need to rent a car and find a parking spot anymore. Due to our late arrival (01.35am), I think we won't make it to your pub at 9. I'll keep you up-to-date! :wink:
thecottager
Bankzitter

Berichtdoor Appie_M » 28-09-2013 21:42

thecottager schreef:I'm waiting for my flight to depart (KLM 1028) to Amsterdam. As it stands, we'll arrive at Schiphol at 10.35pm. After our arrival, we'll try to make it to the 11.30pm train to Heerenveen, so we don't need to rent a car and find a parking spot anymore. Due to our late arrival (01.35am), I think we won't make it to your pub at 9. I'll keep you up-to-date! :wink:

Nevermind! You can also drop by later if you wish.
Appie_M
Superster

Berichtdoor Frisian Viking » 29-09-2013 09:58

Just visit the Feanplaza underneath the east stand. Also a great place to have a couple of beers.

I hope you enjoy your stay at the Abe Lenstra Stadion today.
In de naam van de vader
Van de zoon
Van de Heilige Geest

Abe
Frisian Viking
Superster

Berichtdoor Superfries1996 » 29-09-2013 17:05

thecottager, did you like it? :stan:
nou nou
Superfries1996
Superster

Berichtdoor thecottager » 29-09-2013 17:37

I'm already on my way to the airport, but I'm so glad I've watched this great derby from inside the ground. I don't think it was great quality football, but the atmosphere was really stunning! I saw many things I haven't seen in England for years. I can't even imagine seeing so much banners at Craven Cottage, it looked really awesome! Of course I bought myself a Heerenveen scarf and of course I cheered for their goals. I was quite near the standing area, where I was involved in a lot of chanting, which I really enjoyed! And another superb goal by Finnbogason, who just can't seem to stop scoring goals!
Of course I participated in "Stand up for Heerenveen" (it sounded like that :wink: ), it caused so much adrenaline going through my body!
Thanks for this really, really great derby. Perhaps this is one of the best I've ever seen! It's totally different from a derby like Fulham-Arsenal, at least. I will be back, I really will! :stan:

I nearly forgot to mention the Frisian anthem, which was a really great performance by the entire crowd. And of course, I was able to sing together with all the other fans.
thecottager
Bankzitter

Berichtdoor john2p » 29-09-2013 19:22

thecottager schreef:I'm already on my way to the airport, but I'm so glad I've watched this great derby from inside the ground. I don't think it was great quality football, but the atmosphere was really stunning! I saw many things I haven't seen in England for years. I can't even imagine seeing so much banners at Craven Cottage, it looked really awesome! Of course I bought myself a Heerenveen scarf and of course I cheered for their goals. I was quite near the standing area, where I was involved in a lot of chanting, which I really enjoyed! And another superb goal by Finnbogason, who just can't seem to stop scoring goals!
Of course I participated in "Stand up for Heerenveen" (it sounded like that :wink: ), it caused so much adrenaline going through my body!
Thanks for this really, really great derby. Perhaps this is one of the best I've ever seen! It's totally different from a derby like Fulham-Arsenal, at least. I will be back, I really will! :stan:

I nearly forgot to mention the Frisian anthem, which was a really great performance by the entire crowd. And of course, I was able to sing together with all the other fans.

Hi I am glad you have enjoyed the game. Indeed the quality wasn´t that good. And that´s a pity. It´s something our club is struggling for, for a long time. But as you surely know, in Derby´s we don´t care about quality. It´s about winning :D. Finnbogason is another great striker in the tradition of Heerenveen.
Have a safe trip home, and till next time!!
john2p
Superster

Berichtdoor feanryp23 » 29-09-2013 20:11

A link to your post has already been retweeted for 6 times on Twitter, that must be a very impressive text. And it is, I can tell you! Have a nice trip back to the UK! :wink:
Alphen aan den Rijn groet sc Heerenveen
feanryp23
Superster

Berichtdoor thecottager » 29-09-2013 22:05

I've arrived in London safely, now going. straight back to the north. Once again, thanks for this great afternoon and I don't give a shit that the team performance wasn't that good. A derby is there to win it, no matter what! It's all about three points.
I can't wait till my next visit to Heerenveen. Frysk bloed tsjoch op! I don't understand a word of it, but I just know the lines! ;)

Well, we're not the only foreigners who visit your team are we? :p
thecottager
Bankzitter

Berichtdoor Otsje P » 30-09-2013 12:28

@thecottager

It's good to read that you had a good time. Hope to read about your next visit in this topic.

Let's hope Fullham will pick up from now on, they surely could use a few points.
Otsje P
Superster

Berichtdoor paparazzi » 30-09-2013 14:47

thecottager schreef:Well, we're not the only foreigners who visit your team are we? :p

Right! There were also support from Belgium and Germany. Great to haved you @ Heerenveen!
Miereneukert!
paparazzi
Superster

Berichtdoor thecottager » 30-09-2013 15:06

Ey up, how's tha doin? Back in Yorkshire, everything seems to be patient again. I've attempted to describe my experiences of yesterday's game, but so far, I didn't really manage to. I think there's no way for an outsider to understand what this match was like. I think I should show them some Youtube videos, perhaps that will do the trick.. :wink:

Now, I'm focussing again on my own team, Fulham FC! We slipped down the table, as we just have 4 points out of 6 games, which is a terrible performance! October 5th we play Stoke at Craven Cottage, and we must win that one. Heerenveen-Cambuur gave me so much confidence that I'm sure we're going to win this one. Unfortunately it's no derby, but even this game seems to be rather special, as we can't afford to conceed another defeat.

Next time I visit Heerenveen I will definitely bring some friends of mine. They will surely love it, though most of them support Leeds United (yellow-blues!).. :lol:

Keep up the winning mood, and I'm sure you will be playing the Europa League next season. Good luck everybody! :wink:
Hope to see you at Craven Cottage, some time! :stan:

@paparazzi
Pretty cool, I suggest more people should visit this lovely club. Everybody should be anti-DKV! (For what is DKV actually an abbrev?)
thecottager
Bankzitter

Berichtdoor Satyr » 30-09-2013 15:14

DKV = Dertig Kilometer Verderop, which is '30 kilometres 'up north' '

They use the same for us.
Satyr
Superster

Berichtdoor dfrysk » 30-09-2013 15:28

Nice to hear you had a good time :D
dfrysk
Nieuw talent

Berichtdoor Gekko » 30-09-2013 15:49

Satyr schreef:DKV = Dertig Kilometer Verderop, which is '30 kilometres 'up north' '

They use the same for us.

You can call them TKF: Thirty Kilometers Further, or TMF: Twenty Miles Further. Whatever you want. Nice to hear you enjoyed our local tribal war.
Gekko
Superster

Berichtdoor Ebiede » 30-09-2013 18:50

I hope to see the same great match next week when i visiting Fulham-Stoke City.

I'm looking forward to see Heerenveens former superstar Assiadi again.
Spijt heb je morgen maar!
Ebiede
Superster

Berichtdoor Appie_M » 03-10-2013 08:33

thecottager schreef:Everybody should be anti-DKV!

Great idea! You can help create global awareness by spreading the word about that plague-ridden excuse of a football club. :wink:

No but seriously, it's nice to hear that you've enjoyed your visit here. If you want to visit another match in the future then al you have to do is ask. I'm sure someone on this forum would be able to help you out!
Appie_M
Superster

Vorige

Keer terug naar English